Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Less is me

So, I'm starting this new blog because I want to lose weight. The blog diet... :/ It's a no-brainer that I need to lose weight. I'm not happy with myself (I'm no jolly size 16 - HA! - Fern Britton!), I'm horribly unfit and I'm incredibly self-conscious. So I have to do something about it.

I joined Slimming World last week, having had success with them some years ago. The 'diet' is straightforward, minimal weighing and measuring and no calorie counting. All important to keep me interested. And it means there's always food to eat. No going hungry.

So here I go. I'll post my weekly progress here, and any other thoughts that enter my head while I'm trying to lose about half (yes, half!) of my current self over the next however long it takes.

Going public will hopefully motivate me to stick at it to the bitter (slim) end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Right, I came back from holiday determined to lose weight so you will be my motivation too. I also had success with Slimming World a few years ago and I felt so good when I lost the weight. Now I've put it and more back on and all my clothes are too tight - and there are some I won't even try on. I've been trying half-heartedly with no success, so it's back to the green and reds. Good luck to you, Jo.

Sun Sept 30, 08:47:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home