Sunday, December 30, 2007

Jammy

Don't ask me how I managed to lose any weight at all over Christmas, let alone 3lbs! I went diet-free since finishing work on 21st December, and just ate whatever I liked over the whole festive season. And that included nuts and chocolates and chocolates and chocolates and all sorts of other things that should not contribute to a weight loss. However, I did continue going to the Slimming World meetings, because enjoying Christmas had nothing to do with falling off the dieting wagon.

I fully expect it all to catch up with me next week, and I was genuinely embarassed to win 'Slimmer of the Week' last week. They'll be asking for the inspirational fridge magnet back ("Nothing is impossible to a willing heart")!

I was back to the gym yesterday in the hope that I can head off those extra pounds before they have a chance to settle.

Putting all that aside, I did have a couple of hours to pass in Staines last week (while Thomas was at the cinema watching 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' - I wasn't going to pay good money to watch that!) so I thought I'd buy myself some better-fitting clothes in the sales. It feels a bit futile to buy a whole new wardrobe for each stage of weight loss, as my intention is to only be at this weight for a short time, but I thought that if I could pick up some bargains, it would be nice to have something new to show off my progress so far. As it's the first time I've properly shopped since starting this, it was very nice to be buying clothes 2 sizes smaller than before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home