Friday, October 12, 2007

Culinary adventures

One of the things I enjoy about all this healthy eating malarkey is that I actually cook properly and make proper meals from fresh ingredients.

When I'm not taking care of myself, I convince myself that I don't have time to cook, or that I'm too tired. But of course that's rot. I'm not doing anything complicated or time-consuming - in fact, it probably takes just as long as figuring out the instructions on a ready meal or standing in the queue at the chippy.

Today I made lamb burgers with new potato 'chips', yesterday it was Quorn sausages with homemade tomato sauce and pasta, and on Wednesday I had breaded tuna steaks (breaded by me, I hasten to add) with mushrooms (also breaded - I was on a breading roll!), asparagus and spinach.

Yummy!

Incidentally, the asparagus didn't make my wee smell. There are people who say that everybody gets smelly wee after eating asparagus. Well, I don't. And I ate a lot. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home